Ingredients: Whole almonds, slivered almonds, raw cashews, pitted soaked dates, frozen blueberries, maple syrup, cinnamon, lemon zest, ginger, sea salt.
This bright, nutritious, and delicious dessert is made whole, real plant-based ingredients – with no added refined sweeteners or oils. Featuring wild blueberries, rich in anthocyanin – a potent flavonoid antioxidant, responsible for the dark purple pigment of this fruit. The protein-packed cashews make up the tart’s filling, providing healthy unsaturated fats, and a rich, creamy texture. Paired with the date and almond-based crust, each element of this recipe offers a different texture, taste, and spectrum of nutrients. Enjoy this satisfying sweet bite, and feel good afterwards!
- 1 cup, whole natural almonds
- 1/4 cup, slivered almonds
- 1/2 cup raw cashews
- 1 cup pitted dates, soaked in water
- 3/4th cup frozen wild blueberries (or use regular frozen blueberries – it will produce a lighter purple color)
- 1/2 cup maple syrup (or a bit less if you prefer a less sweet dessert)
- 2 tbsp, lemon zest
- 3 tbsp, grated ginger
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- Pinch of sea salt
Find the complete recipe here.